Justice Artwork: Supporting Families Separated at the Border
Use the dropdown menu to select your donation amount.
100% of your donation will be split evenly between three family-reunification organizations:
- RAICES (Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services), the largest provider of immigrant legal services in Texas.
- The Safe Passage Project, a legal advocacy organization for unrepresented children facing deportation.
- KIND (Kids In Need of Defense), a national organization that trains lawyers to represent immigrant children at no cost in connection with their immigration and deportation proceedings.
As bloggers and designers, we've struggled with the intersection of the humanitarian crisis at our southern border and our online platforms. Our hearts are shattered watching families torn apart and it feels so disconnected from our day-to-day work of making beautiful things for our blogs. We're tired of people telling us to "stick to making crafts."
In speaking together, we realized we have a voice and an audience, and designed this justice artwork bundle of SVG and printable files to support family reunification efforts. It's one small way we're speaking out and supporting organizations doing the hard work at the border.
Use your own voice to speak out and share these images on social media. Use the SVG cut files with your Cricut or Silhouette machine to make t-shirts and protest signs, or simply hang these printables in your house to remind yourself that you can turn your heartbreak into action. Together, we can use our collective voices to raise awareness and help bring these families back together.
As TogetherRising.com says, "We know immigration is complicated and still we say: NOT THIS."
We also urge you to contact your congressional representatives and make your voice heard. Find a march or protest. Discourage apathy and talk with your friends about voting. Encourage small acts of civil disobedience—a little sand in the gears goes a long way. Together we can say NOT THIS. Reunite families now.
The files in this bundle were designed by:
- Cori George, Hey Let's Make Stuff
- Alicia Steele, Sew What Alicia
- Erin Williams, Printable Crush
- Heidi Kundin, Happiness is Homemade
- Cheryl Spangenberg, That's What Che Said
- Lindi Haws, Love the Day
- Alexis Middleton, Persia Lou
- Jessica Roe, Everyday Party Magazine
- Karen Kedzuch, Dragonfly & Lily Pads
- Lindsay Fekitoa, See Lindsay
- Sydney Andersen, Tastefully Frugal